Westwood Lakes Match Fishing Rules 2018 PLEASE READ!
The owners of the fishery or fishery manager reserve the right to amend or change a rule at any time if it is deemed detrimental to the fishery. If you find a grey area within our rules or are unsure about any of our rules please ask!!
- Manufactured Barbless hooks only – max hook size standard size 12 or equivalent.
- Slapping of the float is allowed, but no tapping of the water surface.
- No surface fishing ,no floating baits and a float must be used at all times!
- No Jigger Float fishing allowed.
- Free running leads and feeders only, no elasticated feeders at all
- 4″ minimum hook length for feeder or ledger.
- No Floating pole method – line between pole tip to top of float – minimum of 6″ and maximum of 1 metre.
- Minimum 6″ of line between bottom of float and hook.
- When fishing within 1 metre of bankside vegetation no line limit applies.
- You cannot feed with a pole whilst fishing a rod.
- Your boundary is halfway between you and the next angler.
- Groundbait allowed – 2 kilo limit.
- Fishery purchased feed pellets only!
- All feed baits to be used in moderation.
- All groundbait to be fed in cup or feeder no THROWING!!
- NO BAIT to enter the water after the match – please take it home or use the bin provided.
- NO MEAT ON ANY LAKES
- 3 NETS to be put in at the start! WEIGHT SPREAD EVENLY ACROSS NETS.
- Lay nets out behind your peg on arrival – put in the lake 15 minutes before the start of the match.
- Movement of fish between nets is not permitted at any time.
- Fishery Keepnets and Landing Nets only to be used.
- All fish to be landed by landing net and placed in the keepnet by the landing net.
- Bait and tackle that is visible on an anglers peg will be deemed as in use.
- At times of low water oxygen, the aerators will be turned on for the wellbeing of the fish.
- PLEASE PARK IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY!! NOT ON GRASS PLEASE
- Please remove all litter from pegs including discarded line (we advise you cut it into small pieces).
- Ensure careful handling of fish at all times.
- Vehicles & equipment are left at their owner’s risk.
First Aid is only available at the main reception. If you need first aid please call (01205 724162) within office hours. For out of hours first aid requirements please ring 07709621560
The owners and bailiffs reserve the right to refuse entry or ask an angler to leave due to any violation of the land, lakes or rules. They also reserve the right to change a venue at short notice due to any unforeseen circumstances.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE BAIT AND TACKLE SHOP ON 01205 724162 AND SELECT OPTION 2.