Drennan Over 50’s Festival
With the Drennan Over 50’s Festival being just round the corner, we thought that we would just remind you of the format and the rules so everyone is clear what is happening.
With 108 anglers on this festival the lakes that are being used are Skylark, Falcon, Osprey and Swallow Lake, 36 anglers per Lake rotating each day. With three different draw rotations consisting of – ABC , BCA and CAB. The three letters stand for the lakes as shown below –
Please note Osprey and Swallow Lake will count as one Lake for the Festival.
Overall result will be on section points accumulated. In the result of a tie on points, the overall result will be decided on the angler’s weight.
To confirm on the net rules there will be NO HALF TIME WEIGH INN each angler will HAVE 3 NETS to be put in at the start! with the WEIGHT SPREAD EVENLY ACROSS THE 3 NETS. Lay nets out behind your peg on arrival – put in the lake 15 minutes before the start of the match.
All fish to be landed by landing net and placed in the keepnet by the landing net.
Westwood Lakes Match Fishing Rules 2019
- Manufactured Barbless hooks only – max hook size standard size 12 or equivalent.
- Slapping of the float is allowed, but no tapping of the water surface.
- No surface fishing ,no floating baits and a float must be used at all times!
- No Jigger Float fishing allowed. Or Overshotting of the Float.
- Free running leads and feeders only, no elasticated feeders at all
- 4″ minimum hook length for feeder or ledger.
- No Floating pole method – line between pole tip to top of float – minimum of 6″ and maximum of 1 metre.
- Minimum 6″ of line between bottom of float and hook.
- When fishing within 1 metre of bankside vegetation no line limit applies.
- You cannot feed with a pole whilst fishing a rod.
- Your boundary is halfway between you and the next angler.
- Cutting of the bank vegetation is allowed but you CANNOT break the water surface!
- Groundbait allowed – 2 kilo limit.
- Fishery purchased feed pellets only. (THERE WILL BE A PELLET CHECK)
- All feed baits to be used in moderation.
- All groundbait to be fed in cup or feeder no THROWING!!
- NO BAIT to enter the water after the match – please take it home or use the bin provided.
- NO MEAT ON ANY LAKES
- 3 NETS to be put in at the start! WEIGHT SPREAD EVENLY ACROSS NETS.
- Lay nets out behind your peg on arrival – put in the lake 15 minutes before the start of the match.
- Movement of fish between nets is not permitted at any time.
- Fishery Keepnets and Landing Nets only to be used.
- All fish to be landed by landing net and placed in the keepnet by the landing net.
- Bait and tackle that is visible on an anglers peg will be deemed as in use.
- At times of low water oxygen, the aerators will be turned on for the wellbeing of the fish.
- PLEASE PARK IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY!! NOT ON GRASS PLEASE
- Please remove all litter from pegs including discarded line (we advise you cut it into small pieces).
- Ensure careful handling of fish at all times.
- Vehicles & equipment are left at their owner’s risk.
For any more details or questions please call the Tackle and Bait shop on 01205 724162 and select option 2.